Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.atarahbaby.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from certain features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other AtarahBaby Affiliates, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third-party information providers.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Automatic Information Collection and Use
We and our service providers may automatically collect and use information in the following ways as you navigate around the Service:Interest-based advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Service and other online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Service and other online services on any of your devices. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier, to understand how you use the Service
Who we share your data with
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. Please see the section entitled “Choices and Access,” below, to learn how you may opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. We may also use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to our pharmacovigilance obligations), or for our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases, specifically for:
- Providing the functionality of the Service and fulfilling your requests.
- to provide the functionality of the Service to you and providing you with related customer service;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Service;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- for developing new products and services;
- for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services;
- for identifying Service usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Service are of most interest to users; and
- for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Analysis of Personal Information to provide personalized services.
- to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests;
- to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via the Service that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
We also disclose information collected through the Service:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- as permitted by applicable law, to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with legal process or applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) as permitted by applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so.
We may use and disclose information we collect automatically as described above, under “Automatic Information Collection and Use.” In addition, where allowed by applicable law, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us as described in the CONTACTING US section. In your request to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e mail or postal address. If available, you may also opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by visiting the Service to update your online profile. In addition, you may opt out of receiving marketing e mails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message.
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third party partners: If you previously opted in to receiving marketing communications from our affiliates or third party partners, you may opt out of our sharing of your personal information with those parties for their direct marketing purposes on a going forward basis by contacting us as described in the CONTACTING US section. In your communication to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for their marketing purposes and include your name and e mail address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement you opt out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CHANGE, OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company as described in the CONTACTING US section. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than one month after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response. If available, you may also visit the Service to update your online profile.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
- On the Site, via the CONTACT US section, if available
- or by phone:
For Consumers and Professionals: If you are in the US, call us on 202 569 2800
- or please write to the following address:
- Consumer Care Center, AtarahBaby
How we protect your data
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “CONTACTING US” section below.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Service or otherwise to us.
What third parties we receive data from
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements